Detected primordial gravitational waves! See how looks the excitement of a big discovery in scientists, or more precisely, the emotion after experimental evidences about a theory, inflation theory, over one of the fathers of it. Assistant Professor Chao-Lin Kuo surprises Professor Andrei Linde with evidence that supports cosmic inflation theory.
- Primordial gravitational waves are gravitational waves sent out into space a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang. They could have been detected by analyzing the polarization (B-modes) of the cosmic microwave background.
- Announcement at Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.
- BICEP and Keck Array (BICEP2 2014 Results Release)
- Sean Carroll pre-announcement and update.
- Liam McAllister (Cornell University) at The Reference Frame.
- WIRED: Cosmologists Finally Capture an Elusive Signal From the Beginning of Time.